11/30/2019

Year End Review

So it comes time to look back at the year that was 2019!!

January
-spent NYE and NYD at home and by the tv.

February
-nothing big

March
-snow began to melt 

April
-spent my bday at home

May
-sun coming back and starting to roll and cut grass

June
-21/22 1st trip to a new cottage that my sister's boyfriend's family had rented from June to thanksgiving... I fell in the lake/river and will tell you the story below

July 
-3 fishing trip to port bruce
12-14 helped set up and takedown for canterbury folk festival in Ingersoll Ontario0
20th or so we drive up to the cottage to visit for a night or two

August
-nothing big

September
-same old same old

October
-we drive up to the cottage to stay and try to pick up the kayaks, we have the holders but no straps so we plan to come back again after a few weeks

November
-In November I and my sister went back to the cottage to try to retrieve the kayaks, it was clear weather going up but not very clear coming down...
  

--------------------------

So during the trip back to the cottage in June, we brought up some kayaks that my dad bought a few years ago!!

During the time after we arrived at the cottage, we sat out on the deck and drank some beer, where we also went and offloaded the kayaks, we also put them in the lake. We toured the area which I hadn't been to ever but my sister had been to a few times. On coming back to the cottage I was about to wave at a boater who was fishing and watching us at the same time and flipped over (was not wearing any dry suits or anything) and managed to float to the surface and find my sister wondering what happened to me.  We decided to float (with me holding the kayak I was in and my sister towing me) to a nearby dock and I was gonna get out and get right back into the kayak and we kayaked back to the cottage. When we came up onto shore I started wondering bout my wallet and phone but then it hit me, "OMFG am I so lucky!!, I left my phone and wallet in the cabin before I left for the kayak trip lol!!"

Later that night I was trying to dry my pants and shirt and sweater (which I was wearing at the time of the flip) and I couldn't get them any dryer so we waited till next day and dried them on the porch ledge, and left them for a few hours before we left later that same day!!

-------------------

That was the most interesting story I can leave you with



No comments: