7/07/2019

An interesting trip and other wired things...

things are the same as usual, and summer is amazeballs!!

took a trip to parry sound area back in June and loved it... I fell into the lake...

here's the story:

middle of June me and my sister (seen in background pic)travel up to a cottage, near lost channel Ontario. we're just here to drop off some kayaks, enjoy some summer sun. We drive 4.5 hours starting at 8:30am (while staying off major highways (401/400). We stopped at many places and had many washroom breaks and gas breaks too!!  

We stopped at the CFB Borden Base, unlike most forces bases that are blocked by a gate and they won't let the general public in but this one is a dormant and only a ground-based force as the airport has closed for many years... We thought we'd go into the museum at the forces base, but it was closed on a Monday!! took some pics of the planes and helicopter outside the museum. 

Hours passed and then we arrived and had seen that (and remembered as well)that parry sound had two airports, 1) parry sound municipal  2) the water one further into the town. We decided since it was open and not far to it so we went and viewed the location and then went in to get a coffee or something... Iand t had a burger and my sister had a coffee, (which unbeknownst to me I didn't know she was just coming in for a coffee and if I had known that I would have ordered just a drink!!).

Not much action at the airport, just a few planes and few people passing by!

After an hour or so we get back in the car and are only an hour or so away from this cottage, and we stop into parry sound for some supper supplies I go into Sobeys and Traci goes into the Canadian Tire, both of us getting stuff for supper and other supplies, I come out of Sobeys and am hoping my sister (Traci) will be ready to get back in the car but shes not in the car waiting (she has the keys!!)  and while I'm waiting in near 25+ *C weather I see my sister coming out and then talks to someone who has an SUV parked in a weird way and I go over to ask her whats this about and it was someone who drove over a piece of wood or something... we were able to get her some CAA tuck to help her get back to home...

When we saw that she was ok, we headed towards the cabin. An hour on the highways was nice, a good change of scenery. After we arrived at the cabin, we proceeded to unpack all the stuff we had and moved into the cabin. It was 5-6pm and we decided to sit on the (wobbly) deck and enjoy a beer. We tried to work out how to drink beer as we had these mosquito nets on our heads. I found if you lift it a few times you can fit your beer and not have to worry about the mosquitos!!

After hanging out and drinking a beer we thought it would be better to jump into the kayaks that were on the roof the last few hours. it was hard getting into them ourselves, but we got in them still having or mosquitos nets on. We paddle nearly 1/3 of the whole river/lake and then decide it's getting late and there might be a storm and we head back, on getting near the dock and getting out I went to wave at the boater who had cut his engines to do some trolling and I wanted to wave to him and turned to mush and that's where I fell in, with my jeans sweater and all the fixings. That's what I had on me, but I'm glad that I didn't have the cell phone or wallet as I may have lost those in the splash into the water. So we swam/kayaked to a nearby dock I got out and omg I was soaked to the bone!! What was I doing with jeans and a sweater on you ask? it was getting somewhat late in the afternoon just turning into the evening and I wanted to wear something warm and when we made the decision to go kayaking I never changed into anything else.

That night we had some pizza made from some dought we (earlier in the trip) were used to cool and chill some foodstuffs, it wasn't until later in the trip we realized it was pizza dough. Fast forward to the evening and we made some small pizzas out of what we had and spent time reading and chatting and listening to the radio. My clothes spent the night in the closet.

We wake up the next morning to head back to my home and eventually my sis would go back to her place. My clothes even in the night didn't get much drier so when I woke up I put them in the hot sun, it only took a few half hours to dry. When they dried we were on our way back home. We drove to parry sound which we found a place to park near the smelting wharf and found a trail which, in the years I've been in parry sound (10 years ago, and much much long ago) had never occurred to me a nice walking trail existed (its called fitness trail, runs from salt dock road, past the Waubuno park/beach, and past some cottages before heading to the more downtown part of Pary Sound. From there we walked to find a patio to watch planes and enjoy some food, we settled on a new establishment called the "Flight Deck Grill" and so we went to it and had some amazing food!! You are like 10 feet from the planes and able to relax and eat food!

After eating till the cows come home we headed out and on the highway, we only stop once and a while for gas and restrooms, etc. Within a few half hours, we are in sight of Barrie, where we normally turn off the highway south of Barrie and we have a back way to get home but there was a crash and the road we wanted off from 400 was closed, so we drove to 401, and then because she had to work the next day and couldn't get me back to my place o stayed at her place for the night, wherein the middle of the next day my dad picked me up and we went home...and I've been home ever since!!

End of story!

you can find some pics on my facebook







No comments: